Spoiled children are not born that way; they are made. When a child becomes spoiled, the parents are the first responsible. While it is true that you do not have to look for blame, the reality is that parents must assume their share of responsibility in order to be aware of what is happening and thus be able to find solutions that improve the situation.
A spoiled child does not become spoiled overnight, it is a long process in which parents have taken the wrong path for far too long. Although it seems that spoiling a child is so easy that we do not even realize that we are doing it, it seems that it is done by itself … that we cannot help it. But it is possible, that is, spoiling a child is simple, but in the long run it will bring you many problems.
But how can you tell if you are really spoiling your child or not? It is a choice that parents make, and of course it is respectable… Although the consequences will come sooner or later and later, it is not worth regretting having taken the path too easy.
Ways to know if you are spoiling your children
There are many ways to spoil children, as many, as there are families in the world. Although there is no manual to spoil, or specific ways, there are certain actions that must be taken into account to avoid them in the education of children. A spoiled child can become a spoiled child, a despot, a tyrant, he can think that he is a being superior to all others or that others are here to serve him, etc.
If you don’t know if you are really parenting your child, then read on to find out. If you realize that you are doing it, then the time will have come to change the way you educate him since it means that you will have to start modifying certain aspects of the way you educate your children if you do not want to have some problems in the future .
- You give your son everything he asks for. You will think that everything belongs to you and that you have the right to do what you want regardless of anything or anyone.
- You don’t worry about ethics education. It will be a child without values.
- You laugh when he swears or swears. That will make you believe that they are normal and that you can say them whenever you want.
- You don’t scold him or tell him that bad actions are wrong. Your child will not know what guilt is and will do what he wants and when he wants no matter what else.
- It has no rules or limits. You pick up what he throws away and do things for him. Your child will not learn responsibility and will think that others are in this world to serve him.
- You do not enhance reading and you do not control the screen time you have each day. Television and video games do not nourish the mind, something that can generate poor academic development.
- You scold your partner in the presence of the child. You will be devaluing him in front of him and he will think that he is not important.
- You give him all the money he asks for. He will not learn the value of money and will think that if he needs something he only has to ask you. You will not look for ways to earn a living because no one has taught you these values before.
- You satisfy all their wishes. You won’t know what austerity or sacrifice is, and you could get into serious trouble as an adult.
- You always take your side. Although parents may not believe it, they can sometimes lie to them to get their way and it is necessary to teach them values. Therefore, always taking your side without discovering reality is not a good option.